We are pleased to announce that the 6th NERIS Workshop 1st announcement is now available :
The NERIS Workshop 2020 will focus on “Operational and research achievements and needs to further strengthen preparedness in emergency management, recovery and response” as well as common topics with international organisations and Radiation Protection Platforms.
This will be an opportunity to discuss and exchange views with NERIS Members, international organisations and European Research communities on research developments and priorities for the European NERIS Platform.
The Workshop will take place on 27-29th May 2020 at Palau Macaya (Barcelona, Spain) and the 11th General Assembly will take place on 27 May morning (9.30 to 12.00).
Plenary sessions will be organised on topics related to the following challenges:
- Operational aspects: from theory to practice
- Disaster management and resilience in communities
- Preparedness for a sustainable recovery: including non radiological consequences and effects
- Updating handbooks, guidelines and recommendations to support decision making
- Future research needs
The workshop will aslo welcome speakers presenting other regular topics not mentionned above
Call for abstracts
The selection of presentations will be made by the Programme Committee. Authors will be notified by mid-February.
- Registration opening: Early January 2020
- Abstract deadline: 31st January 2020
- Registration deadline: Early May 2020
- 6th NERIS Workshop: 27-29 May 2020